Gloomy Gem Grotto is a large and dark ice cave located in Glitterglaze Glacier. Initially, the cave is pitch black, but upon consumption of a Firefly, Yooka will go into his Luminous form, which will provide light for Yooka and Laylee to see inside the Gloomy Gem Grotto.
The grotto's entrance is found underwater below the shore of Glittertrio Towers.
Points of Interest Edit
Other Collectibles Edit
- Despite the player entering the grotto underwater, they are shown entering walking on land.
- Lots of fans claim that this part of the game is frustrating due to how easy it is to fall off the cliff. This part can be cheesed via Flappy Flight.
- In the Spit 'N' Polish Update, there were several changes to Gloomy Gem Grotto.
- The first, third, and last pathway are now walkable. Previously, the player was forced to use the Reptile Roll.
- A patch of fireflies was added to the first pathway
|Locations in Glitterglaze Glacier|
|Glitterglaze Glacier • Crystalline Cave • Crystalline Cave Ice Puzzle • Frozen Path • Glitterglaze Cave • Glitterglaze Lake • Glittertrio Towers • Gloomy Gem Grotto • Icymetric Palace • Icymetric Path • Igloo Cliffs • Pentagonal Peak|