Gloomy Gem Grotto is a large and dark ice cave located in Glitterglaze Glacier. Initially, the cave is pitch black, but upon consumption of Fireflies, Yooka will go into his Luminous form, which will provide light for the duo to see inside the cave.
The grotto's entrance is found underwater below the shore of Glittertrio Towers.
Points of Interest Edit
Other Collectibles Edit
- The duo enters this cave via underwater passage; interestingly, however, they are shown simply walking into the very dry cave afterwards.
- Many players complain of how difficult it is to navigate the cave, as it is easy to fall off; however, one can simply exploit the game using Flappy Flight and avoid the ice paths.
- In the Spit 'N' Polish Update, there were several changes to Gloomy Gem Grotto.
- The first, third, and last pathway are now walkable. Previously, the player was forced to use the Reptile Roll.
- A patch of fireflies was added to the first pathway
|Locations in Glitterglaze Glacier|
|Crystalline Cave • Crystalline Cave Ice Puzzle • Frozen Path • Glitterglaze Cave • Glitterglaze Lake • Glittertrio Towers • Gloomy Gem Grotto • Icymetric Palace • Icymetric Path • Igloo Cliffs • Pentagonal Peak|