|"Bah! You've been reading Yookapedia, haven't you?"|
This article contains plot spoilers for Yooka-Laylee.
The Ghost Writers are collectable characters in Yooka-Laylee. They are the original authors of the Grand Tomes, but have suffered a suspicious demise that left them cursed to wander their creations endlessly in search of salvation.
A "ghost writer" in real life is an author who writes some or all of a book, but allows another person to put their name on the book as the writer. The authors are also ghosts, giving the name a double meaning.
List of Ghost WritersEdit
In each world, there are exactly five Ghost Writers to find, and collecting them all will unlock a Pagie. However, each Ghost Writer has a unique behavior that makes them more difficult to acquire.
- Normy, the Yellow Ghost Writer who does not move at all, and the easiest Ghost Writer to collect out of the five.
- Ann-Gree, the Red demon-like Ghost Writer who attacks the duo and needs to be attacked many times before being collected.
- Evie, the Green snake-like Ghost Writer who constantly floats away from the duo whenever the duo comes into its physical range.
- Heidi, the Blue cloaked Ghost Writer who is initially invisible, can be found with Laylee's Sonar Shot ability.
- Fee-Dee, the Pink large-mouthed Ghost Writer who needs to be fed either Frostberries or Bomberries.
Upon first collectionEdit
- "Ghost Writers are we, this book we made, free all five, and a treasure we'll trade!"
- "Capturing one ghoul, impressive indeed, but to free us all, new tactics you'll need!"
- "Collecting Ghost Writers, it's fun. But in this demo, you can collect only one!"
- The Ghost Writers speak in couplets.
- The Ghost Writers are the spiritual equivalent to a collectible from the Banjo-Kazooie series, Jinjos.
- They are similar in that they come in five colors, and upon collecting all five in a world, the main collectible of the game (a Jiggy in Banjo-Kazooie or Pagie in Yooka-Laylee) is awarded.
- Steve Mayles designed the Ghost Writers.
- ↑ New Character & Reddit AMA!
- ↑ Eurogamer: Yooka-Laylee is shaping up nicely, despite a delay until next year
|Pagies • Pagie Pieces • Quills • Ghost Writers • Mollycools • Play Coins|