|"Erm, Bzzz... Bug detected. Please tell devs they messed up."|
This article is either incomplete or needs improvement.
The Buddy Bubble ability causes Yooka to flatulate, which creates a fart bubble. This allows Yooka and Laylee to breathe underwater, as well as being able to use his normal land abilities underwater. This move is taught to the duo for free from Trowzer in the Hivory Towers' Archive.
|Breathing underwater||The duo can breathe underwater.|
|Moving around freely||Yooka can run around freely while within the Buddy Bubble, but the floor is slippery.|
|Using abilities||The duo are able to use their normal abilities while within the Buddy Bubble.|
Xbox One Edit
Playstation 4 Edit
Nintendo Switch Edit
- This ability was first shown during the Yooka-Laylee Gamescom 2016 Trailer.
- The Buddy Bubble used to be known as the "Fart Bubble".
- Helping Tubbz in Glitterglaze Glacier is the only time the Buddy Bubble is used without holding the right trigger, as you must press it repeatedly to create a series of bubbles.
- The Buddy Bubble was first hinted during the Kickstarter under features: "Sonar blasting, tongue whipping, sky soaring… a move roster built for platforming fun – and unlocked with added freedom. Additionally, there may or may not be a move involving a giant fart bubble."
- The image used for the reflection of the bubble is actually the Playtonic Games Office.
- The Buddy Bubble's existence is foreshadowed in the banter between Trowzer and Laylee upon purchasing the Slurp Shot.